Village of Ephraim Short-Term Rental Requirements
**License Required: No Owner shall allow property under their ownership or control to be used as an STR without obtaining and maintaining a Village of Ephraim license.**
On August 9, 2022, the Village of Ephraim enacted Village of Ephraim Ordinance No. 04-2022 creating section 12.08 of the Ephraim Code of Ordinances Regulating Short-Term Rentals "STR". Ordinance No. 04-2022 became effective on January 1, 2023.
If your property meets the definition of a short-term rental and has been issued, or would otherwise be subject to a State of Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade, and Consumer Protection (DATCP) Tourist Rooming House License (TRH) your property will be required to obtain a Village of Ephraim STR license.
- The Village of Ephraim STR license will be renewed annually, on or before November 30 of each year.
- Licenses expire on December 31 annually; if not renewed by November 30th, applicants must submit a new Initial License application and Initial licensing fee.
- Initial Licenses/Renewal licenses will not be issued unless outstanding taxes or fees owed to the Village such as Property Taxes, Room Tax, Premier Resort Area Taxes, Personal Property Taxes, or municipal sewer fees until the outstanding balances are made current. (Please make sure any delinquency is paid before the due date so that your application is considered on time).
- Initial Licensing Fee: $200
- Late fee: $150
- Renewal fee: $150
Initial License Application and Forms:
- Initial STR Licensing Cover Letter / Step-by-step directions - click here.
- 2023 Initial License Application
- 2023 Initial License Fillable Application
- 2024 Initial License Application
- 2024 Initial License Fillable Application
- Fillable Neighbor Notification Letter
- Neighbor Notification Form Letter (pdf to print and write-in)
- Fillable Property Rules/Good Neighbor
- Word version of Property Rules/Good Neighbor
Renewal License Application and Forms:
No longer renting? By the November 30 deadline, property owners are required to complete and submit the Certification of Non-Rental Form along with the required documentation.